Item No 4 of Article No 35 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan states: “Everyone has the right to work in safe and healthy conditions.” The Article No 209 of the Labor Code of the Republic states: “ The priority of employee life and health over results of production by enterprises.” Heydar Aliyev, the great leader, said: “It’s easy to avoid any event than to eliminate its consequences."
Our Company attaches a great importance to Health, Safety, Environment, and Security guided by the above-mentioned thoughts. The creation of healthy and safe working conditions for employees to minimize the number of accidents in production and industrial accidents is a core of our policy, adopted on Occupational Safety.
Organization of HSES is conducted in accordance with the requirements of International Standards of OHSAS 18001-2007 (Occupational safety) and ISO 14001-2004 (Environmental Protection). Consequently, "Khirdalan Metal Construction" LLC awarded SGS Certificates in accordance with the relevant standards.
Employees are provided with high-quality personal protective equipment, special clothing, and shoes as well as physician services. The plant includes dining areas, and employees are given free lunch.
Employees are periodically instructed on Occupational Health and taught to safe working methods. All employees are insured by production damages and injuries.
The policy on constantly improving and developing the principles of the Occupational Safety and Environmental Systems in accordance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001: 2007 and ISO 14001: 2004 international standards pursued by "Khirdalan Metal Construction" LLC is based on the following principles:
· To raise awareness of all "Khirdalan Metal Construction" LLC employees about the issues on ecology and environmental protection;
· To minimize accidents, energy and water consumption by attaching a great importance to risk assessment on Occupational Safety and Environmental aspects;
· To minimize all hazards that could cause any harm to people's safety, health and environment as well as environmental pollution;
· To ensure the admission of responsibility for Occupational Safety and Environmental Safety by all employees;
· To take into account the environmental factors in management and technical decision-making process at first and prevent environmental pollution;
· To introduce state-of-art equipment, techniques, and technologies for continuous improvement and development of Environmental Safety systems in accordance with the requirements of international standard;
· To undertake the relevant measures for ensuring the protection of Health and Safety System which was developed based on OHSAS 18001: 2007 and ISO 14001: 2004 international standards, as well as for supporting and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management Systems by the management.